I just got back from the Town Hall to secure Megan and I's Marriage License.
Talk about "no going back"...
We're getting married next Saturday, and we're super excited, but between all the wedding expenses, the honeymoon reservation, and now something small like a license, it got me thinking about one of my favorite sayings.
Throw a grenade!
When you pull the pin and throw the grenade, there is no going back, that thing is going to blow.
That's kind of what we did (and most people do) with our wedding. We booked the venue, put all the deposits down on the vendors, sent out the invitations, etc, etc, etc.
But now because we did that there's no going back...
We threw a grenade.
And as always, I relate this back to fitness.
Now...we're talking love and fitness, I realize there different, but stay with me.
How many times have you said you were going to do something, and a few steps in you backed out?
It happens to all of us.
We just dip our toes in instead of jumping all in.
We have one reason to do something, and a thousand reasons not to do it.
We didn't throw a grenade.
So, when we're talking fitness, nutrition, and lifestyle change here are a few examples of throwing a grenade.
- Throw away all your winter clothes and go buy smaller sizes that don't fit just yet.
- Announce that you're doing a Six Week Challenge at Spurling on your social media pages.
- Throw away all your junk food and clean out those cupboards.
- Post a picture of yourself on Facebook with an announcement of your goals and mention you'll be doing another progress picture each month
- Commit to a coaching program at a gym that's actually going to help you, may be a bit expensive, but will guarantee you results.
Those are just a few ways, but you get the idea.
Throw a grenade.
Do something where there's no going back, or at least going back is not going to be easy.
Then, and only then, your best results will happen.
1% Better, right?
Dedicated to Your Success,