Here's another addition to the Spurling recipe booklet :)
If you have been following and trying the recipes, you will start to see a running theme and that is: SIMPLE.
There are many moms in our Spurling community and as a fellow mom, I know the less time that is spent toiling in the kitchen is more time spent with family and friends.
So with that being said, here is a great recipe for homemade granola. There is plenty of room here for your culinary creativity to shine through--you can add or exchange whatever makes your heart sing! Throw in some dried cranberries or some peanut butter, exchange for your favorite nut, decrease or increase the amount and kind of spices. Make it your own.
Enjoy it. Share it.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a glass baking dish and toast them in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the oats are toasting, combine the wet ingredients.
- After the oats are toasted (they should be very aromatic), drizzle the honey mixture over the oats. Stir until well combined.
- On a baking sheet lined with wax paper form a single layer of the oat mixture.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and turn the over OFF. this will allow the granola to finish toasting without burning. Let it sit in the oven for 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
ORIGINAL RECIPE FROM: http://thelivefitgirls.com/2014/05/super-simple-granola/