It's new recipe day here at Spurling and I come to you with a kid-tested, co-worker approved compilation of deliciousness ;)
And,who doesn't like a classic Chicken Parm?
Except this is a lightened up version of a traditionally heavy meal. This is great over a small portion of whole wheat pasta, or even over your favorite whole grain (such as brown or wild rice). If you want to forego the carbs, it is great paired with a salad or your favorite sauteed or broiled veggies. I found that by cutting the chicken breast in half as directed was a huge win; not only did it save some cooking time, but it also maintains its tenderness.
The family that eats (and cooks) together CAN eat healthy.
You know my bit.....Enjoy the process. Have fun. Experiment. Share it. Tell me what you think!
- 4 (about 8 oz each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara or pasta sauce
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe can be found @ http://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-chicken-parmesan/