**WARNING: Delicious recipe coming your way!!**
If today is any indication of what is to come in the next few months, then it's time to start collecting some "cool food" for the nights when you just cannot bring yourself to stand over a stove or oven. As we move into the summer months, the plan is to share some (ALWAYS easy, ALWAYS delicious) recipes for those heat streaks.
As I was looking for some "hot weather" recipe ideas, the first one to pop up was this Sesame Cucumber Spiralized Salad and I could instantly picture myself eating it. I knew it was the one!
Please try it or tuck it away for the coming months when it's just too hot to even think about cooking.
Here's to cool eatin'.........cool as a cucumber ;)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 cucumbers, spiralized (or sliced)
- toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Whisk together first five ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add prepared cucumbers; toss to coat
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
Original recipe found at: http://www.bowlofdelicious.com/2016/07/11/sesame-cucumber-spiralized-salad/