So here begins a New Year, a new beginning and a time that many want to start fresh. One way to do that is to begin each week by being prepared for healthy meals. This can be done by taking a few hours on a Sunday to do some meal prep. This helps so that you are not finding yourself grabbing the next best thing (which is not usually in the "good" food category but in the "fast" category).
So take a look at this Meal-Prep idea--not only will add some extra time to your day, but the array of colors should put a smile on your face as you are enjoying it!!
- 2 medium chicken breasts, boneless skinless cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape or plum tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cooked rice of choice
- 4 meal prep containers
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is tender.
- Place 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers. Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer up to 2 months.
Original Recipe can be found at: