Nothing gets me going quite like a nice short stack of pancakes....
You feel me?
I have to run and teach a few extra classes at UNE today, but before I do I wanted to make sure you had this recipe for the weekend.
Megan and I were in the mood for some pancakes last weekend but wanted to at least make them halfway healthy, you know?
So we grabbed our tub of Quest Nutrition Protein Powder and gave this recipe a try.
Quest Nutrition Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1⁄ 2 scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 3 tablespoons Quest® Brown Rice Powder (I skipped this and it turned out fine)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1⁄ 4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄ 4 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 1⁄ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄ 4 cup fresh blueberries
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, almond milk, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in Quest Protein Powder™, Quest® Brown Rice Powder, sweetener, and salt.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray and heat to 300°F, or coat a large nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray and heat over low-medium.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter onto griddle per pancake.
- Cook pancakes on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly golden brown, and serve.
SERVING SIZE: 1 PANCAKE
- Net Carb:3g
Give them a try this weekend and let me know how you like them...
If you need the powder, we have it right in our lobby.
Have a great weekend and I'll be back on Monday to get the juices flowing again.
Dedicated to Your Success,