As I sit here at my kitchen table watching the neighborhood get buried under snow, I find myself thinking of those warm, sunny days that will soon be here! In the meantime, I will be and always am thinking about what new recipe is out there that is unique, easy and delicious (always the most important).
So if you have a favorite recipe or find something of interest that should be shared among the masses, please do so! I would love to hear from you!!
This morning, I came across this ------> Parmesan Zucchini Tots
A new take on the ever popular Tater Tot.....
BONUS: allows a sly parent to add some veggies into their fussy little ones at mealtime. ;)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded and lightly patted dry zucchini (about 1 1/2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs (please use panko for best results; if using regular bread crumbs, you will need to adjust and use less; if you use non-seasoned panko bread crumbs, make sure to add Italian seasoning to your mix)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Shred zucchini with a vegetable grater. When done, pat zucchini dry with a few sheets of paper towels. While you don't need to completely dry the zucchini, you do want to absorb some of the moisture. I used about 4 sheets of paper towels. You want to keep drying the zucchini until the stage where when you pat the shredded zucchini with a paper towel, the paper towel is moist but no longer soaking with water.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of patted dry zucchini and add to a large mixing bowl. Add egg, cheese and breadcrumbs. Stir until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Take 1 tablespoon of zucchini batter and squeeze between palm of hand, compressing it. Some water should also release out. Using both hands now, shape to resemble a cylinder tater tot shape. Place onto a baking sheet lined with silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until bottoms are golden brown and crispy. Flip over and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauce of your choice.
Original Recipe from: http://kirbiecravings.com/2016/02/parmesan-zucchini-tots.html