Crockpot Skinny Lemon Chicken
Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 1-1/2 cups | Calories: 289 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fats: 7 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 51 mg | Sodium: 177 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 14 g | Protein: 20 g |
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce, Braggs aminos , or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and brown quickly--you don't need to cook each piece through, just add a little color to the outside.
- Place in a crockpot. Sprinkle with chopped garlic, salt, and drizzle 1 1/4 cups of vegetable broth over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until very tender.
- 30-40 minutes before serving, whisk together remaining vegetable broth, lemon juice and zest, soy sauce, cornstarch, and honey. Pour this mixture into the crockpot, stir to coat. Turn crockpot to high and cook for 30 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and green onions. Serve and enjoy!