May the Fourth be with you......
And right after that, we will celebrate Cinco De Mayo and by celebrate, I mean, consume of some traditional Mexican fare!
There are a few parts to this week's recipe spotlight: we have some chicken tacos but you can't have tacos without a superb taco seasoning. And whatever you do, please (I beg of you) do not forget the guacamole! You could have 11 sombreros on your head but if you do not have some guacamole to put on your taco....it is not Cinco De Mayo ;)
Without further ado, shake your maracas right over to these recipes.......Olé
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1.25-ounce packet low-sodium taco seasoning (OR try this homemade seasoning)
- 1 16-ounce jar of your favorite salsa
- For serving: tortillas or taco shells and your choice of optional toppings, such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, chopped avocados or guacamole, reduced-fat sour cream, and hot sauce
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour salsa on top.
- Cook on low (for 6-8 hours) or high (for 4 hours).
- Just before serving, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Stir to evenly distribute salsa throughout chicken.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.