- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas ( rinsed and drained from a can or soaked and cooked)
- 1 Avocado
- Small handful fresh Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lime Juice
- 5 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 - 2 Garlic Cloves (optional)
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve with crackers, pita bread, vegetables, or use as a spread on sandwiches.
1.) If hummus is too thick, add more water. If it is too runny, add a few more chickpeas. 2.) This hummus is made without tahini. You can add tahini or sesame paste to this recipe if you like for a more "traditional" hummus flavor. Add a bit more water, lime juice, and salt to taste and texture.