When we look to change something what typically happens?
We complain about it, fill our mind with negative beliefs, and instill fear that we’ll never be able to do it.
However, deep down, we know that’s simple not true.
We can do anything we want if we’re willing to put in the work, change our behaviors, and change.
If you're looking to improve or change something here are the five steps you can follow for ultimate success.
Really what we’re talking about where is behavior change.
It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to lose 20lbs, save more money, or grow your business.
Currently, if you’re not where you want to be at in something, it is because of the behaviors and beliefs that you have done, or currently do.
But, the good news?
You can change anything you don’t like.
Here are the five steps…
1. Recognize The Need to Change: I've always said that being self-aware is one of highest skills we can learn as humans. Being self-aware of what motivates us, how we come across to people, and just generally being aware of how everything effects us and how we effect others. That being said, if you're looking to change you first need to recognize that you need to change.
2. What Does Success Look Like: If you could wave a magic wand and you're living the perfect version of what you want to change is, what does that look like. Write down a clear picture of what success looks like so that you have a visual target to go after.
3. The One Thing: What is one thing you can do today to start moving towards that picture you painted above. The biggest hurdle people face in change is they try to conquer it all, get overwhelmed, and end up not doing anything to help them progress closer to what success looks like to them. The one thing. It could be filling out an inquiry form on a gym's website, it could be setting up the bank account that you're going to automatically transfer savings to, it could be hiring that coach, or it could be going into your schedule and blocking off from 6 pm on so that you can be home with your family. The one thing is important not because of what it is, it's going to be tied to your goal, it's important because it's only one thing.
4. Set Mini Milestones: Depending on what you're trying to change, it's going to be a long-term journey filled with ups and downs. In order to keep you motivated and on track it's important to break it down to mini milestones. For example, on your journey of losing 50lbs, maybe it's showing up at the gym 10x this month. For your journey of growing your business, maybe it’s one new customer this week.
5. Show up daily: 1% Better. I have yet to find anyone that shows up daily and does not see progress in whatever they're working on changing and improving. It doesn't matter if it's fitness, business, or life, it's about showing up daily and doing the best you can with the cards you're dealt that day. There is no magic pill, there is no shortcut, there is no secret, it's just showing up consistently, day after day, month after month, year after year. That's the secret.
Change is hard.
Follow these five steps and hopefully, it gives you some guidance as you go through the journey.
Dedicated to Your Success,