** NEW RECIPE **
As the Holidays are approaching at lightning speed.....it's that time to pull out your dusty old recipe book and look for some great treats. OR you could use this healthy, SIMPLE and time-saving recipe that will not only satisfy the sweet-tooth but also sneak in some vital nutrients ;)
You can't feel guilty about this one......
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup smooth nut butter of choice (I used cashew butter and almond butter)
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used half dark cocoa powder, half standard cocoa powder)
- Handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees, grease a small cake pan or loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with your pure maple syrup. In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed sweet potato, nut butter, maple syrup and cocoa powder and mix very well. If using chocolate chips, stir them through.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.
- These brownies are best kept in the refrigerator and best eaten when cooled completely. They are freezer friendly too.