Are you happy?
Do you wake up every day with a drive to move closer to goals?
Or do you sometimes pause and ask yourself, how the heck did I get here?
If you don't know where you're going then how do you know what you're doing is getting you there?
I firmly believe everyone should have a personal vision, and today I'm going to help you craft it in three steps.
Let me define vision...
Vision, in my mind, is defined as a picture of success at a particular time in the future.
It's asking yourself the question what does X look like on X date?
Now, you can have a personal vision that is all-encompassing, or you could break each "category" of life into its own vision, I have even created visions for certain projects that I'm working on.
A vision is a moment in time, and what success looks like at that time.
Why is having a vision so important?
Don't you want to wake up every day and know where you're going?
It's never going to be perfect, things won't go as planned, and you'll have to adjust, but whether it's fitness, family, or finances, you want to know what the goal is so that every day you're inspired to work closer to that.
If you don't know what success looks like how do you know what to do, or how are you inspired every day?
A vision not only makes it clear that direction you want to head, but it inspires and moves you.
So, step one...
Choose the time frame.
For most, I recommend going at least a year out but no more than five years, with three years being the sweet spot.
Keep the pen moving and just write about what life looks like three years from now.
These questions can help prompt some responses.
- What gets you out of bed every morning?
- What's the first thing you do?
- What's your morning routine look like?
- Where do you go to work?
- Do you work?
- What do you do for work?
- What's your family look like?
- How do you interact with your family?
- What do you do after work/in the evening?
- What moments truly make you feel alive?
- Where do you go?
- What places do you see?
- What do you do for physical fitness?
- How do you feel?
- How do you look?
- How do you move?
- On your best day, how do you show up?
- How do you socialize?
- Whom do you socialize with?
- What does your evening look like?
- What does a typical day look like?
- What values do you have?
- How do you execute on those values every day?
- What personally fulfills you?
- How much money do you have?
- What do you do with that money?
- What things do you dislike?
- What things do you not do because it drains your energy and doesn't make you happy?
- If, at the end of your life, you had lived the way you most wanted, how would others describe you?
- What would be inscribed on your tombstone?
Get all these thoughts on paper.
Spend some time on this, a couple hours at least.
Create a draft of your vision.
Tell your story.
It's April 17, 2021, what does life look like?
Talk like it's happening now, present tense.
For example, it's not "I want to make $100,000 or I want to wear a size 10 jeans that I'm confident in."
Instead, it's "I am making $100,000 and I'm wearing a size 10 jeans and full of confidence."
The Law of Attraction.
By focusing on positive (or negative) thoughts people bring positive (or negative) thoughts into their life.
So, what you end up with is your personal vision statement.
A typed or written (not just in your head) statement of what life looks in three years.
Print it out and hang it somewhere that you'll see it every day.
I read mine every morning.
It helps me stay focused, it assures me what I'm doing TODAY is moving me closer to my goals, and it inspires me.
Few of you will actually do this, but the ones that do I guarantee success.
Dedicated to Your Success,
PS: If you need help with this just reply and let me know...